4 Questions to Ask a Psychiatrists
At Success Health Systems, our board-certified psychiatrist, Dr. Moses Tabe Ambilichu M.D can provide excellent mental health services for anxiety, depression, phobia, and others and answer any questions you have about mental illness or treatment options. Call Us today for more information or simply schedule an appointment online! We have convenient locations to serve you in Creve Coeur MO, St. Louis MO, Independence MO, Columbia MO, and Olathe KS.
Table of Contents:
Mental illness can appear in many different forms, and sometimes the signs of a mental illness can be quite subtle. However, regardless of how subtle or clear the signs of mental illness are, having a psychiatrist is one of the most important steps in successfully managing and overcoming mental illness.
Psychiatrists help individuals deal with a wide variety of mental illnesses, especially when an individual is experiencing a mental health crisis. As such, you can undoubtedly contact a psychiatrist if you are experiencing a mental health crisis. One of the advantages of having a psychiatrist is that you have recourse to a medical specialist who can help you effectively navigate the stormy waters of a mental health crisis so that you can come out on the other side strong.
At Success Health System LLC, our psychiatrist and mental health professionals are here for you if you are dealing with a mental health crisis. We welcome you to contact us, and we will be happy to help you as soon as possible in whatever way we can.
Treatment plans for mental illness vary according to several different factors, such as the type of mental illness the individual is dealing with, any underlying conditions or medication they are taking, as well as the severity of their illness, and how well they respond to treatment methods. With that being said, treatment for a mental illness typically involves a combination of medication, therapy, and lifestyle modifications. As such, a treatment plan for a mental illness could include any of the following services:
• Antidepressant medication, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) or serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
• Antipsychotic medication, including both newer or atypical antipsychotics and older or typical antipsychotics
• Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
• Counseling and psychotherapy
• Healthy diet, sleep, and exercise routines
• Exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy
• Family and peer support groups
• Stimulant or non-stimulant medication
• Trigger identification and avoidance
For more information about the treatment plans we provide at Success Health System, please feel free to give us a call!
Success with mental illness treatment varies with each individual, as it can take some time to get the right combination of medication, therapy, and lifestyle modifications that an individual will respond well to. With that being said, it typically takes between four and six weeks to know if medication is successful or not, while it can take between six and 12 psychotherapy sessions to start to notice progress.
The signs of improvement with a mental illness vary depending on the type of mental illness and the individual’s personality. That said, for most individuals with mental health disorders, general signs of improvement include more attention to self-care and a more engaged social life. As such, some signs that you are getting better could include any of the following:
• Feeling more at peace with yourself and the wider world
• General sense of well-being and happiness
• Greater interest in hobbies, ideas, work, or other people
• Improved ability to manage emotions, change and uncertainty, and daily tasks or problems
• Improved self-esteem and feelings of self-worth
• Increased motivation to make a meal, go out with friends and maintain personal hygiene
• Less delusional, manic, or psychotic episodes
• Stabilized mood and impulse control
If you would like to schedule an appointment with us at Success Health System LLC, please feel free to do so through our website or by calling us! We serve patients from Creve Coeur MO, St. Louis MO, Independence MO, Olathe KS, Columbia MO, Craig KS, Spring Hill KS, Prathersville MO, Pierpont MO, Kirkwood MO, Kansas City MO, River Bend Mo & Beyond!