Success Health System LLC
Mental Health Doctor Near Overland Park, KS
Mental Health Doctor Near Overland Park, KS
Your mental health is so important to your overall health and happiness. When mental health is compromised, it can be destructive or even devastating for some people and affect the quality of every day, but we can provide support here at Success Health System LLC. Here you’ll find a mental health doctor near Overland Park who can offer you the advice, support, and therapy you’ll need to preserve your mental health and better your life. Reach out to us today!
What can a mental health specialist do for me?
This kind of professional is especially qualified to provide mental health advice, support, and therapy. A person can receive a diagnosis and treatment, if necessary, from a mental health specialist. There are different types of mental health specialists, but the most qualified specialist is a psychiatrist. This particular specialist is a board-certified MD who can prescribe medication and provide high-level mental healthcare services like psychotherapy.
Another common kind of mental health specialist is a psychologist. This professional has a PhD or PsyD degree and isn’t able to provide prescriptions like a psychiatrist can. Also, a psychologist’s practice tends to focus on behavior modification only, whereas a psychiatrist’s practice focuses on behavior, biology, neurochemistry, psychosocial history, and more. This allows a psychiatrist to provide more comprehensive care.
What are the signs of mental illness?
It’s common for people to have some mental health issues at points in their lives, but an issue can become an illness when it has ongoing signs and symptoms. These signs and symptoms can vary, but may include:
- Fears, worries, or guilt that seems excessive
- Sadness or feeling down regularly, or mood changes that seem extreme
- Feeling confused or having trouble concentrating
- Significant changes in eating habits or sex drive
- Withdrawing from activities and seeing friends
- Tiredness, low energy, and/or difficulty sleeping
- Delusions, paranoia, or hallucinations
- Trouble coping with daily problems and stress
- Difficulty understanding and relating to situations and people
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Anger, hostility, or violence
- Suicidal thoughts
There can also be physical symptoms of a mental illness, like headaches. It’s important to see a professional if you have any of the signs/symptoms we mentioned above, as mental illnesses can become worse and lead to other health-related problems. It’s especially important to talk to a professional if you or someone you love has significant anger, hostility, or violent behaviors, or suicidal thoughts/behaviors.
What are the 5 types of mental illness?
It’s commonly said that there are 5 types of mental illnesses:
- Mood disorders – These are characterized by sustained feelings of sadness, irritability, and related symptoms, and include depression and other illnesses
- Dementia – This is a disruption of consciousness and a change in cognitive health (Alzheimer’s disease, for example)
- Eating disorders – These illnesses are chronic and possibly life-threatening ones that involve distressing thoughts and behaviors about food and self-image; these illnesses include anorexia, bulimia, and others
- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders – With these illnesses, significant disruptions in cognitive and emotional function occur
- Anxiety disorders – These illnesses are characterized by fear about things like public speaking, job interviews, etc., or just general anxiety about everyday things; types include generalized anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and others
Those illnesses must be treated professionally, and treatment for an eating disorder may even be vital. We provide treatment here at Success Health System LLC.
Do you have a mental health doctor near Overland Park, KS?
Yes, we do! Success Health System LLC has psychiatrist Dr. Moses Tabe Ambilichu MD who has the U.S. medical licenses needed for mental illness diagnosis and treatment. You’ll find the doctor and our clinic over at 11695 South Black Bob Road, Olathe, KS 66062. Call our clinic at (913) 246-5484 to learn more about us, or if you have a referral to see us, book a simple consultation with us.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!